Strange problem viewing .asp files

Patrik Jonsson

This problem occured just the other day. Whenever I try to access an .asp
file on my server with an exact url, I get an error: The system cannot find
the file specified.
BUT, if I type in an url to a folder containing a default file (in my case,
index.asp) the file is shown correctly. I could understand if it was the
other way around but this really puzzles me.

You can see what I mean if you first visit
http://gif.sbif.nu/gbook/ (works fine, the file index.asp is shown)
and then
http://gif.sbif.nu/gbook/index.asp (doesn't work, although it is the same
file as above)

Any help in this would be much appreciated.

Patrik

Steven Burn

Actually....I get a 404 on both of them?

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Patrik Jonsson

It may have been because I restarted the IIS just then, because it works
just fine for me when I access the site over the Internet.

Patrik