Strange thing happening with onunload and google

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by kymangrave, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. kymangrave

    kymangrave Guest

    Hi there,
    I have set up a disclaimer page for our public access PCs at our
    Libraries which has the following function:

    function breach() {
    alert("Proceeding beyond these Conditions is..................... If
    you have read the Conditions, scroll to the bottom and press the 'Yes I

    agree' button.")
    window.location="disclaim.htm"

    and then in the body tag I
    have onunload=breach()
    This works fine for all websites entered into the address bar except if

    you enter www.google.com
    What it is supposed to do is bring up the prompt and when you click on
    the OK button it will go back to the disclaimer page.
    They should only be able to get to the web by clicking on the 'Yes I
    agree' button at the bottom of the disclaimer page.
    Does anyone out there know why google doesn't fire up the disclaim.htm
    page like all the other sites?
    It is very frustrating.
    Many thanks
    Kymbo

    kymangrave, Mar 16, 2005

  2. *** wrote/escribió (15 Mar 2005 18:39:39 -0800):
    Congratulations, it's really annoying. I suppose the purpose is reducing
    the usage or public access PCs so no more budget is needed, hun? :p

    It does fire it to me. Actually, it isn't Google the page that executes the
    code, it's your start page. Does it happen in all the computers or just
    one?

    Alvaro G Vicario, Mar 16, 2005