Struts validator error with latin accent characters replaced by "?"

tosh

Hello,

I am using Struts to fill some forms, and have the following strange
behaviour:
any character like "é", "è","à", ... are replaced by "?" at the server
side.
(my form's fields are mainly of type html:text, htm:textarea ...)

Do I have to set some specific configuration parameter within Struts
(struts-config.xml?) to let him accept this kind of latin character?

Thank for any help.
Regards.

bugbear

tosh said:
Hello,

I am using Struts to fill some forms, and have the following strange
behaviour:
any character like "é", "è","à", ... are replaced by "?" at the server
side.

Are they truly replaced by "?" or does the software
you're using on the server display them as "?". In
virtually any other character encoding than 7 bit ASCII,
you have to be *very* sure of your viewing/browsing tool.

BugBear

tosh

I thing there are replaced, but i need to modify my action form source
code to ensure of that.

Furthermore, when i put the validator on (setting "validate=true" in
struts-config.xml for this actionForm), the form is not acepted when
there is some "é" or "à" in the form's fields. All fields have only
the rules <depends="required"> in the formset i described in the
validation.xml file!).
I also have try the delacaration <formset language="fr"> but it
does'nt help.
So the page is returned as invalid with all accent character replaced
by '?'.