Style Police (a rant)

Retahiv Oopsiscame

Would you two [insult deleted] get a room, please?

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
 This is not the forum for your [implies something false].

You're quite insane.
Just send to each other's email and leave the rest of us out of it, please.

This is an unmoderated newsgroup, so suck it!
 I beg you.

Learn to use a killfile properly for threads and/or posters that don't
interest you. I beg you.
 Don't use a public forum for your private conversation.

I think the appropriate term here is "erroneous presupposition". We're
discussing Lisp vs. other languages in a comp.lang.* newsgroup. It's
not really even off-topic, since Java is one of those "other
languages".
Please.

I beg you.

Please.

Get a working killfile.

Please.

I beg you.

Please.

Retahiv Oopsiscame

That first day of 0ctober 2011 saw Paul G D3rbyshire gown gaping as
"(e-mail address removed)" and dill bound did palter at his alter in:

Well, obviously you've gone directly off the deep end. First that Lisp
supremacist nonsense and now this completely unreadable babble.

[rest of improperly-formatted, improperly-punctuated, ungrammatical,
misspelled, unintelligible drivel deleted]

Seek help.

[it was laced with implied insults, though it's not clear precisely
who they were directed at ... or even if Cthun knows who]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me, if
any, are at all true.

And once again, since you don't seem to be oriented to time, place,
and person -- seek help.

Cthun

Well, obviously you've gone directly off the deep end. First that Lisp
supremacist nonsense and now this completely unreadable babble.

That post was a forgery, from a net.stalker I seem to have collected in
recent months. Don't worry, my nuttiness doesn't extend beyond
preferring Lisp to Java. ;)

I suggest you killfile the stalker. He has one of his own, namely
thoolen, who seems to rapidly tear the stuffing out of every wacky thing
he posts. I let him clean up the mess.

Retahiv Oopsiscame

That post was a forgery, from a net.stalker I seem to have collected in
recent months.

Perhaps so. It certainly didn't look like any of your other posts, and
googling some of the stranger neologisms and turns of phrase in it
reveals other posts that seem very similar, but have different from
addresses. Nymshifting troll?
Don't worry, my nuttiness doesn't extend beyond preferring Lisp to Java. ;)

Ah, good. Admitting you have a problem is always the first step.
I suggest you killfile the stalker. He has one of his own, namely
thoolen, who seems to rapidly tear the stuffing out of every wacky thing
he posts. I let him clean up the mess.

If by "tear the stuffing out of" you mean "mostly ask a lot of
repetitive questions mildly implying that the stalker's post is off-
topic here", then I suppose you're right.

Cthun

Perhaps so. It certainly didn't look like any of your other posts, and
googling some of the stranger neologisms and turns of phrase in it
reveals other posts that seem very similar, but have different from
addresses. Nymshifting troll?

Of course.
Ah, good. Admitting you have a problem is always the first step.

I don't think my love of Lisp *is* a problem, thank you very much. :p
If by "tear the stuffing out of" you mean "mostly ask a lot of
repetitive questions mildly implying that the stalker's post is off-
topic here", then I suppose you're right.

Read some of the sections of his posts that contain the word "ironic".
There are some classic insults and pokings of holes in hypocrisy to be
found there.

tholen

1> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

1> Is this Paul's newest defense mechanism along with "None of the
nasty
1> things you have said, blah blah, are at all true"?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Attardi?

1> Well, of course not. It's your _real_ name, not your alias. Silly
1> Paul.

What do "thoolen"'s aliases have to do with OS/2, Attardi?

1> You're cljp's resident troll, and it looks like you've been staying
1> busy in the years I've been away.

What does "thoolen"'s business have to do with OS/2, Attardi?

tholen

101> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

101> What does your classic erroneous presupposition have to do with
OS/2,
101> thalidomide?

Who is "thalidomide", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

101> What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholian?

Who is "tholian", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

101> And a quick
101> Google Groups search would confirm that nobody has posted to
this
101> newsgroup with that name, ever, thrush.

Who is "thrush", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

101> Suffering from an inability to properly use Google, technetium?

Who is "technetium", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

101> What does your classic erroneous presupposition have to do with
OS/2,
101> trolloon?

Who is "trolloon", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

102> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

102> Who is "Paul", Attardi? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
that alias.

Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
newsgroup, "thoolen".

102> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
102> with Java or OS/2, Attardi?

Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

102> What does my level of activity have to do with Java or OS/2,
Attardi?

Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

103> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

103> What does your unwiseness have to do with Java or OS/2, murphy?

Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

103> Non sequitur.

How ironic.

103> Who is "master Derbysh!re", murphy? There is nobody in this
newsgroup
103> using that alias.

Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
newsgroup, "thoolen".

103> What does Attardi's ISP selection have to do with Java or OS/2,
murphy?

Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

103> Who is "Derbysh!re", murphy? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using
103> that alias.

Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
newsgroup, "thoolen".

103> Who is "the idiot", murphy? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that
103> alias.

Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
newsgroup, "thoolen".

103> And people wonder why I call them Famous Last Words.

Where have you allegedly done that, "thoolen"?

103> P.S. You forgot to include a copy of your famous paranoid "Lits
'o Haet"
103> in your post, murphy. Still suffering from memory problems,
murphy?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, "thoolen?

thoolen

On 04/11/2011 6:56 PM, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
/!\> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

/!\> Who is "thalidomide", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
/!\> using that alias.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, thalidomide?

/!\> Who is "tholian", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
/!\> using that alias.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholian?

/!\> Who is "thrush", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
/!\> using that alias.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, thrush?

/!\> Who is "technetium", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
/!\> using that alias.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, technetium?

/!\> Who is "trolloon", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
/!\> using that alias.

What does your question have to do with OS/2, trolloon?

/!\> Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
/!\> newsgroup, "thoolen".

I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody erroneously
claimed I'd used it, thingamajig.

What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, thumbelina?

/!\> Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
/!\> relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, tacklebox?

/!\> Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
/!\> relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, thingy?

/!\> Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
/!\> relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, twizzlestick?

/!\> How ironic.

Where is the alleged irony, twister?

/!\> Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
/!\> newsgroup, "thoolen".

I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody erroneously
claimed I'd used it, thorium.

What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, trix rabbit?

/!\> Rather ironic that you should suddenly show any interest in
/!\> relevance to the newsgroup, "thoolen".

What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have to do
with OS/2, thelon?

/!\> Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
/!\> newsgroup, "thoolen".

I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody erroneously
claimed I'd used it, tumbler.

What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, thweebly-weebly?

/!\> Interesting that you didn't deny using that alias in some other
/!\> newsgroup, "thoolen".

I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody erroneously
claimed I'd used it, toddler.

What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, thatch?

/!\> Where have you allegedly done that, "thoolen"?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, twit?

/!\> What does your question have to do with OS/2, "thoolen?

Nothing at all, tunicate.

tholen

1550> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

1550> tholen tholed:

What was allegedly endured while writing, dizzy?

1550> What does your kooky tholing have to do with OS/2, tholen?

I frequently endure your kookiness in an OS/2 newsgroup, dizzy.
But you should have known that already, dizzy. Suffering from
memory problems, dizzy?

tholen

104> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

104> What does your question have to do with OS/2, thalidomide?

Who is "thalidomide", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your question have to do with OS/2, tholian?

Who is "tholian", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your question have to do with OS/2, thrush?

Who is "thrush", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your question have to do with OS/2, technetium?

Who is "technetium", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your question have to do with OS/2, trolloon?

Who is "trolloon", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody
erroneously
104> claimed I'd used it, thingamajig.

Who is "thingamajig", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, thumbelina?

Who is "thumbelina", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
104> with OS/2, tacklebox?

Who is "tacklebox", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
104> with OS/2, thingy?

Who is "thingy", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
104> with OS/2, twizzlestick?

Who is "twizzlestick", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> Where is the alleged irony, twister?

Who is "twister", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody
erroneously
104> claimed I'd used it, thorium.

Who is "thorium", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, trix rabbit?

Who is "trix rabbit", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim have
to do
104> with OS/2, thelon?

Who is "thelon", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody
erroneously
104> claimed I'd used it, tumbler.

Who is "tumbler", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, thweebly-
weebly?

Who is "thweebly-weebly", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this
newsgroup
using that alias.

104> I didn't deny using it in any newsgroup in which nobody
erroneously
104> claimed I'd used it, toddler.

Who is "toddler", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, thatch?

Who is "thatch", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> What does your question have to do with OS/2, twit?

Who is "twit", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

104> Nothing at all, tunicate.

Who is "tunicate", "thoolen"? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.