Suggestion Reqd for Designing a Website in Python

joy99

Dear Group,
I have developed one big Machine Learning software a Machine
Translation system in Python.
Now, I am thinking to make a User Interface of it and upload it in a
web site.

My questions are:
(i) For Designing an interface I am choosing Tkinter. Is it fine?
(ii) How to connect this interface with my Tkinter based interface -
should I have to recode the whole system?
(iii) After designing I want to upload now how to do the server side
scripting?

If anyone can suggest it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

joy99

Do you mean you want people to download this from a web site as an
executable, and then run it locally on their computers?  Or do you meanyou
want people to use this as a web site, using their web browsers?  The
answers are very different.

Question (i) implies that you want the first option (download an executable
and run it).  Question (iii) implies the second (that you want your appto
run on a web server so people use it through your browser).  Please
clarify.

Thank you for your kind reply.
I want to design an interface like Google Translate. So that users can
paste text (of any length)-or may browse files which can be uploaded,
and one user interface for filling up form, so that attached files
after translation may be sent back to the given e-mail id as an
attached file(.pdf/.txt).
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

Daniel Fetchinson

I have developed one big Machine Learning software a Machine
Thank you for your kind reply.
I want to design an interface like Google Translate. So that users can
paste text (of any length)-or may browse files which can be uploaded,
and one user interface for filling up form, so that attached files
after translation may be sent back to the given e-mail id as an
attached file(.pdf/.txt).
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

In this case you are looking for a web application framework. There
are many written in python, a good place to start would be:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

My personal opinion is that the 3 top frameworks to consider are: (1)
django (2) turbogears (3) web2py. You need to decide for yourself
which one use choose, you may even choose something other than these
3, there are tons more.

Cheers,
Daniel

joy99

In this case you are looking for a web application framework. There
are many written in python, a good place to start would be:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

My personal opinion is that the 3 top frameworks to consider are: (1)
django (2) turbogears (3) web2py. You need to decide for yourself
which one use choose, you may even choose something other than these
3, there are tons more.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thank you sir, for your kind help.