Sybase and IIS error

gEEnesis

Hi,

I have a problem with the sybase odbc connection. When I try to connect via
IIS the next error occurs "False[MERANT][ODBC Sybase ASE driver]Insufficient
information to connect to the data source.", but when I do it via VB the
problem doesn't exist.

Please, if any one can help me...

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Perhaps showing a bit of code would help, i.e. your connection string.

Ray at home

gEEnesis

Ray Costanzo said:
Perhaps showing a bit of code would help, i.e. your connection string.

Ray at home

With objConexion
If .State = 1 Then .Close
.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info =
False;User ID=" & strUser & ";pwd=" & strPassword & ";Data Source=XXX"
.CursorLocation = adUseClient
.Open
If .State = 1 Then ftnConecta = True
End With

Is that what you need?

Thanks in advanced

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

If you response.write your connection string, do you see what you'd expect
to see, i.e. a user ID and a password? And is your server able to resolve
XXX? Also, do you have adUseClient constant defined somewhere?

Ray at work