XPost: Problem with IIS 7 and DB's

Jan K. van Dalen

Ok, I wrote test (ASP, ASP.Net & PHP) all of them hitting the same database.

This is the first time I try to connect to a DB under Vista/II7 and it seems
that I'm missing setting some type of security but don't know what.

When test the ODBC connection everything works fine, when executed from
inside ASP, I get this error:

Unable to establish connection to database.
Error information:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database
server
Other possible cause of this problem:
The database cannot be opened, most likely due to incorrect connection
settings or insufficient security set on your database folder or file.
For more details please refer to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306518

The link does not help me. I have seem many reference to IIS 7 having lots
of problems connecting with DB's (BTW, I'm using Sybase ASA 9.x)

Any help will be appreciated.

David Wang

[...]

IIS does not connect with databases. It runs applications that connect
with databases.

I suspect you are seeing a variant of this:
http://blogs.iis.net/bills/archive/...derstanding-temporary-directory-failures.aspx

It really illustrates a hidden weakness within the database being
used.

//David
http://w3-4u.blogspot.com
http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
//

Jan K. van Dalen

David, first, thanks.

I was able to get it working doing in part what the link recomended but also
had to turn on ASP.Net impersonation and set it to my own user/password.