    How do I get the designtime to render the web user control?

    Kind Regards,
    Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Hi Allan,

    I've performed some tests according to the custom template control you
    mentioned. Yes, I did reproduce the problem behavior you encountered. I
    think it is possibly caused by some additional required implementation we
    didn't add, I'm currently doing some further research on this and will
    update you as soon as I get any new update. In the mean time, if there is
    any new finding on your side, also welcome to post here.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Mar 28, 2006
  3. Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup Guest

    I'm looking forward to hearing what you find. I've noticed that if you
    enable template editing the web user control is displayed correctly when
    editing the template. Also if the control is a CompositeControl child web
    user controls are rendered correctly in design time.

    Kind Regards,
    Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup, Mar 28, 2006
  4. Hi Allan,

    Sorry for keep you waiting. After some further research, I found that for
    normal view in design-time, it is the fixed behavior that usercontrol'
    won't display. This is the same for those template in FormView and
    GridView.... And only in EditMode or those editable template will those
    usercontrol be displayed as runtime style. I'm afraid currently it is
    limited. However, you can submit this as a request to the MSDN product
    feedback center so that the dev teams can get feedback on this:

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Community Support