Temporary ASP.NET Files directory (problems related to Terminal Server?)

David Thom

We've got a VB ASP.NET Web Service that works fine, except when deployed on
a customer's server(which is running Terminal Server, against our better
judgment)

When a client app attempts to use the Web Service, it gets an exception:

SOAPException: Server was unable to process request -->
FileNotFoundException: File or asm name xxxxxx.dll ... was not found ...
[where xxxxxx is a random name - we understand that xxxxxx.dll is our
compiled web service]

What we need to know is where ASP.NET puts its temporary files (especially
when installed with TS).

On our (non-TS) servers it appears to use
~\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\temporary asp.net
files\service_name

But the customer's server seems to be using either ~\winnt\temp or
~\winnt\temp\service_name

We suspect the problem may be related to permissions to these folders
(perhaps due to their running it under Terminal Server). But we don't know
much about that environment, or how to configure it relative to ASP.NET.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

David Thom
NPSi Houston