The IE Factor - can anyone help with this one?

BlueC

Hi folks, we have a problem with our site displaying in IE

The problem is in IE6 (maybe 7 too, not checked) - the centre section
div is pushed all the way down the screen as soon as the width of the
window goes below 853 pixels. Bummer for people browsing in 800x600.

I already have a container div

that does the job for other browsers and even in IE above 853 pixel
wide, but breaks below ~853 pixels

Examples
http://mytreo.net/store/
http://mytreo.net/store/section.php?xSec=7

Can anyone here suggest a fix? Or even work out what is causing this
behaviour? I am truly stumped.

Many thanks
Chris

dorayme

BlueC said:
Hi folks, we have a problem with our site displaying in IE

The problem is in IE6 (maybe 7 too, not checked) - the centre section
div is pushed all the way down the screen as soon as the width of the
window goes below 853 pixels. Bummer for people browsing in 800x600.

I already have a container div

that does the job for other browsers and even in IE above 853 pixel
wide, but breaks below ~853 pixels

Examples
http://mytreo.net/store/
http://mytreo.net/store/section.php?xSec=7

Can anyone here suggest a fix? Or even work out what is causing this
behaviour? I am truly stumped.

Many thanks
Chris

Take a look at http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=11

I have not verified if it might help your particular problem...
I don't say it is the cosiest thing to curl up in bed with... but
honestly, when there is trouble with IE, it is a start...

BlueC

dorayme said:
Take a look at http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=11

I have not verified if it might help your particular problem...
I don't say it is the cosiest thing to curl up in bed with... but
honestly, when there is trouble with IE, it is a start...

Thank you that does look like a good starting point. I will get reading,
meanwhile if anyone has any solutions please do post and let me know!

BlueC

dorayme said:
Take a look at http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=11

I have not verified if it might help your particular problem...
I don't say it is the cosiest thing to curl up in bed with... but
honestly, when there is trouble with IE, it is a start...

Thank you dorayme! Changed my container div to 96% as advised on that
page and it only drops at about 744 pixels now - just enough to render
correctly at 800x600 with a little bit to spare!