The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

chanmm

Dear all,

I have run the same web application in my Windows XP Pro without any problem
but once I deploy it in Windows 2003 Server the message below appear:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80070002)

I checked all the files I need in those paths and nothing is missing in
fact. Anyone can help?

Regards,
chanmm

Damien

chanmm said:
Dear all,

I have run the same web application in my Windows XP Pro without any problem
but once I deploy it in Windows 2003 Server the message below appear:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80070002)

I checked all the files I need in those paths and nothing is missing in
fact. Anyone can help?

Regards,
chanmm

Well, without more information it's going to be difficult for us to
tell you anything about this, other than that the error is a warning,
from the WIN32 facility, and that the file was not found. To discover
more, we're going to need more context - is this happening when the
application first starts up, when the first page loads, when a
particular page loads, when a particular button is pressed?

Damien

chanmm

When I click the button. The button supposed to update a MS Access database
but I have check all the file paths, NTFS permissions the most important
thing is this application running 100% fine in my Windows XP with IIS 5 and
ASP.NET 2.0. Except my server is IIS 6. I really hope someone has hit the
same problem as I didand solved it before.

Mark Rae

but I have check all the file paths,

Are you sure? Have you tried putting a File.Exists() in the code to make
sure that ASP.NET thinks the Access database is where you think it is...?

Also, are you sure that the "File not found" message actually relates to the
Access database, and not to some other file that your code uses? Without
seeing your code (as you've already been told) it's almost impossible to
help you...
NTFS permissions

Remember - the Jet engine will try to create a locking file (*.ldb) in the
same folder as your Access database - are you sure that the account that
your website is running under has sufficient permissions to do this?
the most important thing is this application running 100% fine in my
Windows XP with IIS 5 and ASP.NET 2.0.

Ah yes, but aren't you a local admin on your development box...?

Damien

Mark said:
Are you sure? Have you tried putting a File.Exists() in the code to make
sure that ASP.NET thinks the Access database is where you think it is...?

Also, are you sure that the "File not found" message actually relates to the
Access database, and not to some other file that your code uses? Without
seeing your code (as you've already been told) it's almost impossible to
help you...

Remember - the Jet engine will try to create a locking file (*.ldb) in the
same folder as your Access database - are you sure that the account that
your website is running under has sufficient permissions to do this?

Ah yes, but aren't you a local admin on your development box...?

It shouldn't be permissions - I think you get a different error number.
Could be an issue around Jet though - what MDACs are installed on the
two boxes?

Damien

chanmm

Sorry I miss out this one:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The
system cannot find the file specified.]

Anyone has any idea?

Regards,
chanmm

Damien

chanmm said:
Sorry I miss out this one:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The
system cannot find the file specified.]

Anyone has any idea?

Regards,
chanmm
Hi,

I'm not too familiar with Enterprise Services. I can find a few
references online to people finding this file missing, but cannot seem
to find any resolutions (although quite a few suggestions of uninstall
and reinstall .NET framework 2.0). As a side thought, has the 2003
server had any of the 2.0 betas installed, and what is it now running?

Can you try the following: open a command prompt and navigate to
%windir%\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Do a dir. There should be two files there
(System.EnterpriseServices.dll and the .Wrapper.dll). If there are,
then lets check the version. Copy the .Wrapper.dll to the root of C (or
somewhere else accessable to explorer) and bring up the properties.
Here on my 2000 box, the version is 2.0.50727.42, and I don't believe
that this should be different on 2K3, but I'm prepared to be very
wrong. If the files aren't there, then your Framework 2.0 install is
almost certainly bad, so a reinstall is indicated.

Hope this helps, but to be honest I'm grasping in the dark here.

Damien