This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ even when its not

Robert Thomson

HI

Does anyone have an idea why I keep getting the standard message :

This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.
Recommendation: Change the default namespace before the XML Web service is
made public.

This message shows when I post the web service onto our Intranet Windows
2000 SP4 web server.

The top of the class already has the code to assign a valid namespace.

e.
[WebService(Namespace="http://www.bankxxxxxxxx.co.uk/corporatedivision/webservices")]
public class CMAdminServices : System.Web.Services.WebService

Everything builds but we cannot get the server to identify the new namespace.
Accessing the WDSL shows TEMPURI.ORG in the namespace section.

Any Help Please ?

Robert Thomson

Peter Kelcey

Rob,

You said it doesn't show up properly on the server. Does it show up
properly on your development box prior to deploying it?

Peter Kelcey

Robert Thomson

I was about to reply Peter, and I just noticed something.

The webservice was written in VS2003 under dot net 1.1.

Our server has both frameworks on it with 1.0, the default. The web service
Virtual Directory was running under 1.0 framework.

This was a mistake on my part and after changing the virtual directory to
run under 1.1, the problem has now gone.

Ok, lesson learned, dont deploy 1.1 web services onto 1.0 virtual
directories or you get strange messages re the tempURI namespace.

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Robert