Tomcat - Apache connector (JK2) - limited capacity?

Alex Molochnikov

I am facing a weird problem:

Our Tomcat is connected to Apache web server via JK2 connector. The servlet
creates a PDF file and sends it to to the browser. If the file is larger
than, say, 100K (haven't measured the threshold, but it is below 150K) then
the browser page comes empty. Hitting the "Refresh" button makes the content
appear. Smaller files get displayed without problem.

If instead of connecting through Apache we go straight to Tomcat (by adding
port 8080 to the URL), any file of any size can be displayed. So, it must be
the connector that has some default limit on the size of transmitted data
stream that causes this strange effect. But I cannot find anything in the
config files/properties to even remotely hint at such limit.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Here is the environment:

OS: Win 2000 Server
Apache 2.0.47
Tomcat 4.1.27