Tracking Ruby on Twitter

Pawel Szymczykowski

Hi all,

I was having trouble finding some interesting rubyists to follow on
twitter. Since my company is already playing around with tracking
things on twitter, I took a bunch of ruby & rails related terms and
created a ruby specific tracker. It's kind of basic, but I thought
that some of you might also find it useful:

http://twitter.zappos.com/ruby

Also looking for suggestions for other terms to track (current ones
are listed in the upper left).

Let me know what you think.. thanks!

-Pawel

Pawel Szymczykowski

Hi Piotr,

Hash tags are cool if you set out with the idea of using them to
announce something specific (like an event). The problem is that they
feel unnatural, they break the conversational tone, and the great
majority of people don't use them. In this case, I think it's much
cooler to get an overview of of the random chatter from time to time
and just tune in (click through) when something seems interesting. :)

-Pawel