Treeview node target

Madison

Hello;

I'm working with treeveiw control for framework 2.0, the treeview have
parent, child and grandchild. if user click on grandchild, I want to display
informtion in the right frame in the same page as treeview familar to this
MSDN newsgroups. How do I handle this event? I try to use frame in page and
set target to that frame but the page open in the whole page.

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Madison,

As for the displaying linked url(navigation page) in a specified
frame(within a frameset container page), you can use the following approach:

1. First , in your frameset page, you need to give a fixed name to each
frame(especially the one you want to display linked url/page in) e.g.

====frameset page==========
<frameset cols = "200,*">
<frame src ="nav.aspx" name="nav"/>
<frame src ="content.aspx" name="content"/>

</frameset>

==================

2. In your navigation page(that contain the treeview or menu), set the
"Target" attribute(of treeview node) to the frame name of the target frame
window you want to display page in. e.g.

=====in nav.aspx=============
margin-bottom:0">
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server">
<Nodes>
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New Node">
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New Node">
<asp:TreeNode Text="ASP.NET Site" Value="ASP.NET
Site"
NavigateUrl="http://www.asp.net" Target="content"
</asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New Node">
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New Node">
<asp:TreeNode Text="The ServerSide Site" Value="The
ServerSide Site"
NavigateUrl="http://www.theserverside.net"
Target="content" ></asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New Node">
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New Node">
<asp:TreeNode Text="New Node" Value="New
Node"></asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
</asp:TreeNode>
</Nodes>
</asp:TreeView>

</form>
================================

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_frame.asp

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Madison,

Have you got any progress or further idea on this issue or does the
suggestion in my last reply help you some? If there is anything else we can
help, please feel free to post here.