Triple nested loop python (While loop insde of for loop inside ofwhile loop)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Isaac Won, Mar 1, 2013.

  1. Isaac Won

    Isaac Won Guest

    try to make my triple nested loop working. My code would be:
    c = 4
    y1 = []
    m1 = []
    std1 = []
    while c <24:
    c = c + 1
    a = []
    f.seek(0,0)
    for columns in ( raw.strip().split() for raw in f ):
    a.append(columns[c])
    x = np.array(a, float)
    not_nan = np.logical_not(np.isnan(x))
    indices = np.arange(len(x))
    interp = interp1d(indices[not_nan], x[not_nan], kind = 'nearest')
    p = interp(indices)

    N = len(p)
    dt = 900.0 #Time step (seconds)
    fs = 1./dt #Sampling frequency
    KA,PSD = oned_Fourierspectrum(p,dt) # Call Song's 1D FS function
    time_axis = np.linspace(0.0,N,num = N,endpoint = False)*15/(60*24)
    plot_freq = 24*3600.*KA #Convert to cycles per day
    plot_period = 1.0/plot_freq # convert to days/cycle
    fpsd = plot_freq*PSD
    d = -1
    while d <335:
    d = d + 1
    y = fpsd[d]
    y1 = y1 + [y]
    m = np.mean(y1)
    m1 = m1 + [m]
    print m1

    Isaac Won, Mar 1, 2013

  2. Am 01.03.2013 09:59, schrieb Isaac Won:
    This is bad style and you shouldn't do that in python. The question that
    comes up for me is whether something else is modifying "c" in that loop,
    but I think the answer is "no". For that reason, use Python's way:

    for c in range(5, 25):

    That way it is also clear that the first value in the loop is 5, while
    the initial "c = 4" seems to suggest something different. Also, the last
    value is 24, not 23.

    Apart from the wrong indention (don't mix tabs and spaces, see PEP 8!)
    and the that "d in range(336)" is better style, you don't start with an
    empty "y1", except on the first iteration of the outer loop.

    I'm not really sure if that answers your problem. In any case, please
    drop everything not necessary to demostrate the problem before posting.
    This makes it easier to see what is going wrong both for you and others.
    Also make sure that others can actually run the code.

    Greetings from Hamburg!

    Uli

    Ulrich Eckhardt, Mar 1, 2013

  3. On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM, Ulrich Eckhardt <
    [y]? Is this really a list? So what is y1 + y1 + [y] doing?
    dt = 900.0 #Time step (seconds)
    fs = 1./dt #Sampling frequency

    This should me moved out of the loop since nothing changes with dt or fs

    Joel Goldstick, Mar 1, 2013
  4. Note your indentation levels: the code does not agree with your
    subject line. The third loop is not actually inside your second.
    Should it be?

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Mar 1, 2013
  5. Isaac Won

    Isaac Won Guest

    Thank you, Chris.
    I just want to acculate value from y repeatedly.
    If y = 1,2,3...10, just have a [1,2,3...10] at onece.

    Isaac Won, Mar 1, 2013
  7. Isaac Won

    Isaac Won Guest

    Yes, the thiird lood should be inside of my whole loop.
    Thank you,
    Isaac

    Isaac Won, Mar 1, 2013
  9. Isaac Won

    Isaac Won Guest

    Thank you Ulich for reply,
    What I really want to get from this code is m1 as I told. For this purpose, for instance, values of fpsd upto second loop and that from third loop should be same, but they are not. Actually it is my main question.
    Thank you,
    Isaac

    Isaac Won, Mar 1, 2013
  10. Am 01.03.2013 17:28, schrieb Isaac Won:
    You are not helping yourself...

    Read this carefully, I didn't write that to fill up empty space. Also,
    read Eric S. Raymond's essay on asking smart questions (you can easily
    locate it online), which the problems with your question in a much more
    general way.

    Uli

    Ulrich Eckhardt, Mar 4, 2013