tutorial

Matt Garrish

plenty of lose(r) tutorials out there. have you looked at learn.perl.org
and the beginning perl book?

He's obviously already found the tutorial. He wants to know *where* he found
it. I would have thought you of all people could have used the ubiquitous
PSI::ESP module to help him...

Matt

Clyde Ingram

He's obviously already found the tutorial. He wants to know *where* he found
it.

Oh, I see. You think it is so funny to slap Bart in the face just because
he makes one grammatical error when he tries to post to clpm in English. Is
it too much to be polite to newcomers who at least try?

Still, I am sure that in the Season of Goodwill, you will by now have had
the good manners to offer Bart a grovelling apology in your (no doubt)
perfect Italian. Otherwise, Bart might be justified with the impression that
you are "un compagnuolo grossolano", so to speak.

Happy New Year to you, sonny,

Clyde

Matt Garrish

Clyde Ingram said:
Still, I am sure that in the Season of Goodwill, you will by now have had
the good manners to offer Bart a grovelling apology in your (no doubt)
perfect Italian. Otherwise, Bart might be justified with the impression that
you are "un compagnuolo grossolano", so to speak.

Yes, and you are a scheisskopf. Now ferme ta gueule.

The requirement to make sense is not waived because you're posting in a
second language.

Matt

Henry Law

Yes, and you are a scheisskopf. Now ferme ta gueule.

The requirement to make sense is not waived because you're posting in a
second language.

The original poster made perfect sense to me, despite the tiny error;
that's what brains do - they make sense of imperfect material. I
expect you also understood perfectly but you couldn't resist putting
someone else down.

I wonder what thrill you got when you crafted your mean-spirited
sideswipe, and what beneficial effect on the world you thought you
were having.

Henry Law <>< Manchester, England

Matt Garrish

Henry Law said:
The original poster made perfect sense to me, despite the tiny error;
that's what brains do - they make sense of imperfect material. I
expect you also understood perfectly but you couldn't resist putting
someone else down.

I would love to know what sense it made to you, as it made very little to
me. What is a 'win' tutorial to you? How to set up Perl on Windows? How to
use the Win32 extensions? How to run Perl under IIS? All of the above?
Posting here is not an excuse for not doing any homework. The least he could
have done is used Google, as this kind of question has been asked to death.
I wonder what thrill you got when you crafted your mean-spirited
sideswipe, and what beneficial effect on the world you thought you
were having.

I suppose it's the thrill of watching lurkers with nothing to contribute
suddenly seize upon the opportunity to ramble on self-righteously about
nothing.

Matt