uninitialized constant MysqlCompat::MysqlRes

Chris Cuilla

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm baffled.

I recently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

I am now experiencing the following when I try to do any MySQL database
operations:

uninitialized constant MysqlCompat::MysqlRes

I have Googled around on this and have tried every suggestion I've come
across with no success.

Where I am now is the following:

- ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-darwin8.11.1]
- gem 1.3.5
- mysql server: mysql-5.1.41-osx10.5-x86_64
- mysql gem: mysql (2.8.1)

I have tried every tip I have come across including the following:

sudo env ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" gem install --no-rdoc --no-ri mysql --
--with-mysql-dir=/usr/local
--with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

sudo env ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64" gem install --no-rdoc
--no-ri mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local
--with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

sudo env ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" gem install mysql --
--with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

export ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386 -arch x86_64" ;sudo gem install --no-rdoc
--no-ri -v=2.7 mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql
--with-mysql-config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

And nothing has worked.

I'm wondering if anyone can provide some tips or suggestions on at least
how to trouble shoot this problem.

Is there some way to get more detailed trace information when the mysql
gem is loaded?
Is there anything I can look at that I might be overlooking?

Thanks!

P.S. When I tried the suggestion of installing version 2.7 of the mysql
gem I get this:

!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please
install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.
rake aborted!
Failed to load
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/lib/mysql.bundle

Charles Johnson

Chris said:
I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm baffled.

I recently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).

I am now experiencing the following when I try to do any MySQL database
operations:

uninitialized constant MysqlCompat::MysqlRes
Dan Benjamin (hivelogic.com) has a great site for this sort of thing.
Did you have a look at it by chance?

http://is.gd/5fvHN

Cheers--

Charles

Hassan Schroeder

I'm hoping someone can help with this. I'm baffled.

I recently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
I am now experiencing the following when I try to do any MySQL database
operations:

uninitialized constant MysqlCompat::MysqlRes

I got that after my disk went south, I had the replacement loaded with
Snow Leopard, and then did a Time Machine restore.

After trying a number of suggestions, this page:

http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2009/8/30/upgrading-to-snow-leopard

:: turned out to work for me.

HTH!