    when calling from the WebService app.

    Any help welcome,
    Dan

    Dan Felder, Aug 9, 2004

  2. Maybe it's a permissions issue? What user is your web service running as?
    You might need to use Impersonation to make it work.
    Without knowing exactly what that DLL is doing, it's going to be tough to
    figure this one out.

    Another solution is to ditch that unmanaged DLL and make a managed DLL that
    uses ADO.net to get to SQL server. It's going to faster AFAIK.

    Michael

    Michael Pearson, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Dan Felder

    Dan Felder Guest

    The DLL is written using Delphi6 and it creates an ADO connection object,
    and that's where the beast is failing. I'd like to make it work, otherwise I
    have to rewrite >3,000 lines of code that's hard to test.

    Thanks,
    Dan

    Dan Felder, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Ok, lets start with your connection string.
    Post that (pls change usernames and passwords when posting) and that should
    help determine what the problem is.

    Michael

    Michael Pearson, Aug 10, 2004