Unmanaged DLL and ADO

Dan Felder

I have a C# written webservice that calls an unmanaged DLL. The DLL uses ADO
to access SQL database.

I can call the DLL with no problem from a C# Winforms app, but it freezes
when calling from the WebService app.

Any help welcome,
Dan

Michael Pearson

Maybe it's a permissions issue? What user is your web service running as?
You might need to use Impersonation to make it work.
Without knowing exactly what that DLL is doing, it's going to be tough to
figure this one out.

Another solution is to ditch that unmanaged DLL and make a managed DLL that
uses ADO.net to get to SQL server. It's going to faster AFAIK.

Michael

Dan Felder

The DLL is written using Delphi6 and it creates an ADO connection object,
and that's where the beast is failing. I'd like to make it work, otherwise I
have to rewrite >3,000 lines of code that's hard to test.

Thanks,
Dan

Michael Pearson

Ok, lets start with your connection string.
Post that (pls change usernames and passwords when posting) and that should
help determine what the problem is.

Michael