Unmanaged DLL Instantiation Fails in ASP.NET and Page Expires

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    I have developed a WebApplication in ASP.NET where it is required to
    instantiate a DLL developed in VB 6.0. I have added the dll reference to
    ASP.NET and using the following statement to instantiate the library:

    Dim Package As New PkgUtil.Package

    In my development PC the application runs fine, ie it instantiates the
    library and I'm able to call the methods wrapped inside the library. The
    application is running successfully.

    The same application deployed on the live server fails to run. I have
    debugged the application remotely and found that the above quoted statement
    that instantiates the library is executing for ever and never returns to the
    next statement after it.
    Finally the web page expires or the user will be prompted for
    re-authentication (supply user name and password). Even after supplying the
    credentials a page will display a message "You are not authorized..."

    My user account is having Administrative, Debuggers previleges in both the
    development PC as well as in the live server.

    Any ideas to solve this issue will be highly appreciated.

    Please do reply to or to the same forum.

    Thanks,
    Abhi

    Guest, Aug 1, 2005