Urgent: (413) Request entity too large

Guest

Dear All,

I'm using WinXP Pro with IIS 5.1, and my program in ASP.NET C#, I encounter
a problem with my program running locally.

Below is the error message: -

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (413) Request
entity too large: start-line too large.

How to resolve this problem?

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote Mae,
Dear All,

I'm using WinXP Pro with IIS 5.1, and my program in ASP.NET C#, I
encounter a problem with my program running locally.

Below is the error message: -

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (413)
Request entity too large: start-line too large.

How to resolve this problem?

What exactly are you doing? Can you post the code that breaks?

Cheers,

mark.brito

You may need to add something like this in web.config..but i'm unsure
if this is the issue due to the "start-line too large". What are you
doing when this error happens?

mb

<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="3600"/>
</system.web>

Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The remote server returned an error: (413) Request Entity Too Large

solution:

Execute the following command on the Sever.

>cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/1/uploadreadaheadsize 26240000

and make sure you also have the following in the web.config...

maxRequestLength="2097151"

You can choose the size as per the size of the file you wanna upload...