*URGENT* Anyone keen to helpout to design a Elevator controller VHDLfile using altera *URGENT*

asuraseed

The following requirement need to be designed in Quartus and Max EPM7128SLC84-7

A building has an elevator accessing 3 levels. You are to design an elevator controller
with the following specifications:

1) The elevator has 2 switches for user to select either up or down. The seven-segment should display the count until the level is reached.

2) When in the elevator, the user selects the desired level. The seven-segment
should display the count until the selected level is reached.

3) A reset button in the elevator if activated, will take the elevator to level 1.

4) An emergency switch if pressed, will activate a light

Thanks in advance!

alb

The following requirement need to be designed in Quartus and Max
EPM7128SLC84-7

A building has an elevator accessing 3 levels. You are to design an
elevator controller with the following specifications:

Please include the name of the institute/course/professor so I can send
the solution to her/him directly. No worries I'll mention your name as
well...
1) The elevator has 2 switches for user to select either up or down.
The seven-segment should display the count until the level is
reached.

Does it mean the elevator has to stop at each floor? Quite an
unconventional elevator I'd say...
2) When in the elevator, the user selects the desired level. The
seven-segment should display the count until the selected level is
reached.

So the elevator has more than two switches... If there are 'buttons' for
desired level than what is the purpose for the two switches 'up' and 'down'?

What happens if you press the 'down' switch and then desire to go at a
higher level?
3) A reset button in the elevator if activated, will take the
elevator to level 1.

Have you ever seen a reset button in an elevator???
Are all the switches reset by the same reset?
4) An emergency switch if pressed, will activate a light

quoting Wikipedia:
In electrical engineering, a switch is an electrical component that
can break an electrical circuit, interrupting the current or
diverting it from one conductor to another

By its definition a 'switch' is a component that has *at least* two
_states_, which can be chosen by one or a series of _actions_.

So what does reset the light (as opposed to the button that 'sets' it
on)? (I bet the fire brigade...or maybe a power cut)

After you gather all this information you can at least start to think
each piece of your design on a piece of paper. All the blocks that you
need to have and how these blocks 'talk' to each other. After you have
that you can start implementing it for whatever target.

At the same time you would need to design a testbench for your design
and have a test plan in order to be sure that your piece of elevator
controller does what it is asked for (I didn't have a testbench in my
first elevator controller task and because of a bug it hit the roof at
max speed, causing 16 people to die...likely was just an homework! Hint,
do check boundary cases).

If it is an *urgent* task than you better hurry...

As a side note, why do you think posting the same message three times in
within 17 minutes would increase your chance to get a reply? Did you
consider at all that people on this group have their own jobs/lives and
may read this message after hours you posted?

If you really manage to get somebody to make your homework making you
gaining some 'free' time, I'll suggest you to spend it reading the
following articles:

http://www.ou.edu/research/electron/internet/use-faq.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

I hope you enjoy the readings...