Urgent plz help me

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by sri p via .NET 247, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. (Type your message here)

    --------------------------------
    From: sri p

    Hi Guys,

    I am trying to setup aproject on my localhost.Everything gone cool but webservices methods are not accessble.It's showing http 404 not found.The webservices developed by some thirdparty.
    What i do here, it's very urgent.

    sri p via .NET 247, Sep 16, 2004

  2. sri p via .NET 247

    Hermit Dave Guest

    if you know the web application name under which you had your webservices
    you could just open

    IIS >> (web sites >> ) Default >> Web Services Applications

    if you see its in Red that minds IIS can find its directory. if its okay
    then click on the Web Services application on the left hand nav. it should
    display a bunch of files on the right...

    if not

    first search your inetpub directory for webservice files
    My Computer >> C: >> Inetpub >> wwwroot >> Right Click >> click Search
    search for *.asmx.

    if you find any look to see if they are the ones you used to call..

    if not

    search your local hard drives.. the virtual directory could have been
    mapped. so search you hard drive for asmx files

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)

    Hermit Dave, Sep 17, 2004

  3. sri p via .NET 247

    stephg Guest

    You probably didn't generate the proxy class of the web service.
    Do this and then compile it and reference it in your project.
    Generate the proxy class via:
    wsdl /language:VB http://webserviceUrlPath/webservice.asmx?wsdl
    Then compile it, copy the resulting DLL to your projects bin folder and
    refrence this file in your project.
    Now the webmethods of the web service should be available

    stephg, Sep 18, 2004