Using ITemplate as property of a custom control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by yawarady, Jan 24, 2007.

  1. yawarady

    yawarady Guest

    Hi,

    I am using ITemplate as property of a custom control in order to get
    the following struct:

    <test:mycontrol>
    <myTemplate>
    <asp:TextBox..........
    </myTemplate>
    </test:mycontrol>

    The only thing that I want to add now is a property to the myTemplate
    tag, in order to be able to set something like:
    <myTemplate Text="testing">

    Is there any way to accomplish this change?

    Thanks

    yawarady, Jan 24, 2007

  2. You would probably have to create a class that implements ITemplate and
    create a property there. I am guessing you want the property to be linked
    with the content inside of the template? That may be more difficult depending
    upon what that content can actually be changed to by the user.

    Nathaniel Greene, Jan 24, 2007

  3. yawarady

    yawarady Guest

    Hi,

    I tried to create a class that implements ITemplate and create the
    property there but I'm getting this annoying error that I can't
    overcome:
    Error 1 Cannot implicitly convert type
    'System.Web.UI.CompiledTemplateBuilder' to
    'Controls.myTemplate' c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Builder\Default.aspx 12
    As for you question, the content of the template should be any type of
    one or more controls.

    Thanks.

    yawarady, Jan 24, 2007
  4. yawarady

    Peter Zolja Guest

    I tried to create a class that implements ITemplate and create the
    If you would post some code we may be able to help you out. A simple search
    for implementing ITemplate returned this page
    (http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=4867) that has an example you could
    use.

    Peter Zolja, Jan 31, 2007