using JMF with NTSC

carlbernardi

Hi,

I am trying JMF for the first time and I would like to know more about
it's capabilities before I try to accomplish something that isn't
possible. What I need is to take a source being a video camera that's
output would be from a BNC or S-Video cable (thus NTSC video) then add
the video into a GUI which then I have to re transmit back to to BNC
cable (thus NTSC format). My input source can be a web-cam but my
output has to be in NTSC format as it is feeding to NTSC equipment.

Thanks,

Carl

Oliver Wong

Hi,

I am trying JMF for the first time and I would like to know more about
it's capabilities before I try to accomplish something that isn't
possible. What I need is to take a source being a video camera that's
output would be from a BNC or S-Video cable (thus NTSC video) then add
the video into a GUI which then I have to re transmit back to to BNC
cable (thus NTSC format). My input source can be a web-cam but my
output has to be in NTSC format as it is feeding to NTSC equipment.

Not sure about the possibility of what you're trying to do, but I
thought I'd warn you that Sun seems to have abandoned JMF. Maybe when/if
they release the source code under GPL, the open source community will
improve it. Until then, you can see a list of alternatives at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JMF#Criticism_and_Alternatives

- Oliver