Using Webservice inside a ASP.net Project

Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have an Asp.net Website...

When the user clicks a button on my page,
There is a need to do a process (Eg. Process some records , create a report and fire it to an email Id) which will take a lot of processing time.
I have an idea of creating a one way webservice method which will do the work and send the same.

However, I want the webservice class to be include in the same project where my website runs so that I do not have to bother about managing 2 entities.

I have added the asmx to my site and used it successfully. However, it is somewhow not assuming the status of a one way webservice and runs like a normal c# class method.
I have ensured that OneWayMethod Attribute is set to true.

kindly help...