Using WSE3 For Web Service Kerberos Auth

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ben, May 2, 2008.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Hi,

    i'm trying to implement WSE3 to secure a web service via Kerberos.

    i used the example at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft WSE\v3.0\Samples\CS
    \QuickStart\Security\WSSecurityKerberos\Code

    but i get this error:

    "Security requirements are not satisfied because the security header
    is not present in the incoming message."

    on the web service side, I just enabled WSE and using this line to
    obtain the username:

    KerberosToken token =
    RequestSoapContext.Current.Credentials.UltimateReceiver.GetClientToken<KerberosToken>();

    on the client side I'm using this code to send auth:

    KerberosToken token = new
    KerberosToken(System.Net.Dns.GetHostName());
    KerberosAssertion assertion = new KerberosAssertion();
    proxy.SetClientCredential(token);

    // Set the policy onto the proxy
    Policy policy = new Policy();
    policy.Assertions.Add(assertion);
    proxy.SetPolicy(policy);

    // trying to call test web service function
    Response.Write("user: " + proxy.GetLoggedOnUser());

    any ideas?!? are certificates necessary to set this up? i'd really
    appreciate any help, i've been battling this issue for a week...
    thanks so much!!!

    Ben, May 2, 2008

  2. Ben

    Ben Guest

    No one knows? please...if anyone has an idea help me understand how
    to set this up.

    Ben, May 6, 2008