VC++ 6 ___ EXE file runs fine on one computer but not the other

jimmy_sayavong

I created a simple MFC program using VC++ 6. It generates EXE file
and runs
fine on one of my computer which has the C++ compiler installed. But
when
I copy the EXE program to the other computer that has NOT compilter
installed, the
program does not run --- it asks for several DLL files !!!
Does any body int his forum kind enough to point me to right direction?
Is it something the the VC++ compiler that I have to change to fix
that problem?

Thanks in advance

JIMMY

Maett

I created a simple MFC program using VC++ 6. It generates EXE file and runs
fine on one of my computer which has the C++ compiler installed. But when
I copy the EXE program to the other computer that has NOT compilter installed, the
program does not run --- it asks for several DLL files !!!
Does any body int his forum kind enough to point me to right direction?
Is it something the the VC++ compiler that I have to change to fix
that problem?

Hi Jimmy,

since this is a compiler specific problem you should ask in one of the microsoft groups
(microsoft.public.vc.language, microsoft.public.vc.mfc).

(Hint: I guess you built the debug version of your program, which depends on the
debug versions of the MFC and runtime DLLs. Just build the "release" version,
which should run on any Windows computer since the "release" versions of the needed
DLLs are distributed with the OS).

Cheers
Maett

jimmy_sayavong

Hi Maett,

I am very new to MFC programming. Could you tell me how
you would select the "release version" from the compiler?

Please advise,

Thanks

JIMMY

Ron Natalie

I created a simple MFC program using VC++ 6. It generates EXE file
and runs
fine on

Build in release mode. The debug versions of the libraries are not
present on machines without visual stduio.

Maett

Jimmy said:
I am very new to MFC programming. Could you tell me how
you would select the "release version" from the compiler?

Hi Jimmy,

in the Visual6 IDE choose "Build->Set Active Configuration"
and then "<Your Application Name> - Win32 Release".
Of if you activate the "Build Toolbar" (Tools->Customize
->Toolbars:Build) you can select "Win32 Debug" or
"Win32 Release" from the toolbar.
Then just "Rebuild All".

Maett