Visual IP Designer interresting new EDA tool

vdauthor

You are kindly invited to visit www.visualipd.com home of Visual IP
Designer.

Visual IP Designer is an EDA tool for design entry and integration
which enable designers to intuitively build, maintain and reuse their
designs using a full graphical approach. Visual IP Designer provides an
advanced and fast methodology to develop HDL-based designs targeting
ASIC and FPGA. The Visual IP format is able to describe designs at RTL
level in a more flexible and attractive way. The automatic code
generation feature allows obtaining a high quality VHDL code optimized
for synthesis with a non scarified readability.

Because visual representation is closer to human way of thinking,
Visual IP Designer target is to provide a complete range of graphical
means of description replacing the classical textual approach. Unlike
mixed graphical/textual solutions Visual IP Designer allow the
graphical representation at 100% of all the aspects of RTL design.

Visual IP Designer! benefits:
Speed, entring and mainaining a design graphically is faster than usign
multiple vhdl files
Communicating and thinking graphically is more effective than using
text
Dynamic checking, errors are located early during the design entry
phase
High quality generated VHDL code, free of compilation/elaboration
errors, ready for synthesis
Visual IP format may be used for documentation purpose, no need for
redundant documentation
Visual IP allow extended generic capabilities (generic interface,
generic mapping, etc)
Packaging, delivering generic Visual IP format is more attractive and
user freindly than native VHDL files
Reuse interfaces/sub blocks is simple and fast thanks to import/export
capabilities
System integration, assambling Visual IPs is easy, no need for
additional interfaces/parameters description

Regards

Vd author

Paul Uiterlinden

vdauthor said:
You are kindly invited to visit www.visualipd.com home of Visual IP
Designer.

Your demos cannot be played in Linux. It seems they require a newer
flash player than available for Linux.

In the upper right corner I see that an evaluation version is
available. Just for windows. No thanks.

Where can it be downloaded anyhow? The download button brings me
to: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to
login."

fpgaengineer

Paul said:
Your demos cannot be played in Linux. It seems they require a newer
flash player than available for Linux.
for me it doesn`t run too - although using Win. The player says

Does this designer support round trip engineering by importing existing
HDL-Designs?
I am looking for somwting beeing able to easily discover the hierarchy.

vdauthor

Hi Paul

Paul Uiterlinden a écrit :
Your demos cannot be played in Linux. It seems they require a newer
flash player than available for Linux.

Sorry for this I will try to investigate this issue and keep you
informed
In the upper right corner I see that an evaluation version is
available. Just for windows. No thanks.

The Linux and Solaris versions exist but not yet for evaluation. To
be able to evaluate the tool the only possibility currently is Windows

Where can it be downloaded anyhow? The download button brings me
to: "You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to
login."
This is because before to be allowed to get your evaluation copy you
need to register and then login

Thanks a lot

Hope This Help

VDAuthor

vdauthor

Hello
fpgaengineer a écrit :
for me it doesn`t run too - although using Win. The player says

I noticed this issue for slow Internet connection. To solve the problem
I have added with each demo its zipped package. In this way you will be
able to download the demo and see it off-line.
Does this designer support round trip engineering by importing existing
HDL-Designs?
I am looking for somwting beeing able to easily discover the hierarchy.

It is not possible to import an existing HDL-Design in its textual
format toward the Visual IP format. This is very difficult to achieve
unless your design is written with a strict subset of the VHDL laguage.
But if we limit this to the hierarchy +interface+portmapping it will be
feasible. This feature is already in the roadmap of the tool.

Thanks a lot

VDAuthor