Visual Studio file monitoring

mr t

Is there anyway to turn off visual studio file monitoring? It is
interfering with my web application debugging. here is a problem:

sometimes, BUT NOT ALL THE TIMES, when I create a directory using
system.io.directory.create , in a web application, when i call
system.io.directory.delete(filename, true), an exception is thrown
that the directory is not empty. notice that I have added 'true' for
recursive delete.

when I close visual studio 2005 completely, the directory is
completely deleted, as if the delete command issued before was on
hold. this of course happens sporadically.

some times, when I delete the directory manually, visual studio 2005,
comes up with error: "Unable to start file monitoring c:
\directorypath, etc..."

I am not using integrated visual studio web server, I am using IIS5.
how do i turn off file monitoring for visual studio so it only deals
with the files that I add through the IDE, not all the files in the
website path? because all the files under the root directory really do
not necessarily need to be included in the project. thanks in advance.