Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is n

Guest

Hi,

I am getting error msg "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified
Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1" when I am trying to create a
web project from VS 2003. The environment that I am trying this Windows 2003
standard for Web Server and Windows 2000 professional for VS 2003.

I tried below options, but didn't work:

1. Ran .NET 1.1 framework's aspnet_regiis -i and re-registered
aspnet_isapi.dll
2. Made sure that ASP.NET v1.1.4322 is set to "Allowed" under web service
extensions
3. I installed the web server components from VS2003 CD to see if it fixes it.

Note that the Web server is completely on a different box than the
development box I am working on....

Thanks,
Kal

Guest

Hi Kaylan,

I had the same issue when I was attempting to use a BETA version of an
upcomming release of the .NET framework. Then when i uninstalled the Beta the
issue continued. So i completely removed all versions of the .NET framework
and the re-installed only v1.1.4322. This fixed the problem completely for me.

- B

Guest

Hi Brian,

The web server has Windows 2003 installed on it and so the frameworks came
with the OS....I am not sure if there is any way of un-installing
frameworks...

Thanks,
Kalyan

Guest

I have been doing the research on this for the past three days and tried all
the solutions that microsoft had in thier KB which worked for other
people...but they didnt fix it....This is getting me nowhere....I have tried
other forums...but nothing so far......

Do microsoft people even look at the issues specified in this newsgroups?

Any help here is much appreciated......

Thanks
Kal