VS Studio 2008 Express sp1

Arne Garvander

I am running vs Studio Express sp1 on a Windows 2003 server.
I get this error
It is an error to use a section registered as
in IIS.
C:\WebSiteBetter\images\web.config 52
I commented out line 52 but the problem did not go away,
What can I do?

Guest

I am running vs Studio Express sp1 on a Windows 2003 server.
I get this error
It is an error to use a section registered as
allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error
in IIS.
C:\WebSiteBetter\images\web.config      52
I commented out line 52 but the problem did not go away,
What can I do?

Arne, is the virtual directory configured as an application?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> C:\WebSiteBetter\images\web.config

Why is your web.config located in the images directory ?
It should be located in your application's root.

Arne Garvander

I found an extra copy of web.config in a sub folder of the application. That
seems to have been the source of the problem.

Arne Garvander

That is right.
--
Arne Garvander
(I program VB.Net for fun and C# to get paid.)

re: