VS2005 table cell split functionality

Nalaka

Hi,
How come, there is no "split cell" functionality in vs2005?
Makes life a little difficult without this.

Nalaka

S. Justin Gengo

I'm not certain, but you can easily do the equivalent by inserting a new
cell and then merging the two cells together.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Nalaka,

Thanks for your feedback. Actually my consideration on this is that
implementing split cell would be much difficult than merge and will be
somewhat ambigous sometime. When we merge two cells, we just need to make
them a single cell and then, put all the html content in those cells into
the same cell. However, when spliting an existing cell, it's hard or
ambigous to determine which part to put into which split sub cell, so I
think this is why VS 2005 dosn't add this function but let the user
determine how we split the cell...

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support