Want to Volunteer in Open Source Project

sivakumar

Hi,

I have long been a fan of open source development model and have
reaped considerable benefits from using linux. I want to get involved
with some open source projects which use Java. However, I am at a loss
to find where to start looking for such projects.

If anybody could let me know of some resources, I would really be
grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Siva

Christophe Vanfleteren

sivakumar said:
Hi,

I have long been a fan of open source development model and have
reaped considerable benefits from using linux. I want to get involved
with some open source projects which use Java. However, I am at a loss
to find where to start looking for such projects.

If anybody could let me know of some resources, I would really be
grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Siva

http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=198

There's about 10000 projects listed there, so I'm sure you'll find at least
one to your liking :)

Andreas Rueckert

Hi,

I have long been a fan of open source development model and have
reaped considerable benefits from using linux. I want to get involved
with some open source projects which use Java. However, I am at a loss
to find where to start looking for such projects.

If anybody could let me know of some resources, I would really be
grateful.

You might want to look at tigris.org , where they host projects like
ArgoUML. Contributing to such a project might be a very good opportunity
to educate yourself in new fields, like UML or software engineering.

HTH,
Andreas

Brad BARCLAY

sivakumar said:
I have long been a fan of open source development model and have
reaped considerable benefits from using linux. I want to get involved
with some open source projects which use Java. However, I am at a loss
to find where to start looking for such projects.

If anybody could let me know of some resources, I would really be
grateful.

If you a have a PalmOS-based handheld device, I'm sure I could find
something for you to do over at the jSyncManager Project:

http://www.jsyncmanager.org

Brad BARCLAY
Lead Developer & Project Administrator,
The jSyncManager Project.

sivakumar

Hi everybody

Thanks a lot for the replies. Am planning on starting small by looking
for some project at sourceforge and see where things go from there.

regards

Siva