Web Form Design Tutorial?

Dave Veeneman

Are there any good tutorials out there on how to actually design a Web Form
in VS.Net? I'm an experienced .NET WinForms developer, and I am just getting
started with ASP.Net. So far, it's pretty straightforward, except for one
thing: How does one go about building a nice looking Web Form? I'm using
Visual Studio.Net, which lets me create really nice looking WinForms. But
the properties that I'm used to working with (Dock, Anchor, and so on) don't
seem to exist on the WebForms side on the house.

I have seen several newbie tutorials that don't show anything other than how
to drag a control onto a web form. What I need to do is create a banner that
expands to the width of the browser, text boxes that will do the same sort
of thing. In the old ASP days, I used to use tables to apply color to
various regions on a page. I understand Web Forms are very different, but I
don't see how these things are done.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a few good articles or tutorials on
the subject? Thanks

Lucas Tam

How does one go about building a nice looking Web Form?

Use Macromedia Dreamweaver.

Longer answer: To build nice looking winforms you'll need some web
development experience. You'll need to learn CSS, HTML, possibly Javascript
and DHTML as well.

awbishop

Hi

I have been searching for the same tutorial and came across your posting. Have you found any good tutorials or sites? I have a subscription to Safari Books and poured through a number of the books lookiing for a more complete answer (beyond the simple basics)

ASP.NET, Unleashed 2nd Edition & Programming ASP.NET, 2nd Edition seemed to be two of the better ones

Following are some links, not super helpful design unfortunately but informational nonetheless:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/vsintro7/html/vxurfWebFormsDesigner.asp

http://www.123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=28844

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebgen/html/bho.asp

Andy Bishop