web page design- location of user

Tony

Hi all,

I have noticed that on some web pages that I visit, the page automatically
knows where I am located(town and country). Can some of you nice folks in
here please explain to me how this is done? Is it some sort of script that I
can use on my webpage?

Regards
Tony

Toby Inkster

Tony said:
I have noticed that on some web pages that I visit, the page automatically
knows where I am located(town and country).

It doesn't *know*, but it can guess from your IP address. If you're in a
big city, it will probably be right. If you're in a more rural area, it
will be wrong more often than not.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geoip/