Web parts and ASP.Net Futures July

JJ

To overcome the issue regarding drag and drop web part capability in
Firefox, I am attempting to use the webpart and webpartmanager from the
Asp.net Futures. That is, the ones in the namespace
'Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI.Controls.WebParts'

However, when I attempt to do this, I lose all drage and drop capability in
all browsers and also the verbs menu's do not display consistently.

I am wondering if it is anything to do with the fact that my webpart is
actually a web user control, which inherits from 'UserControl' and
'IWebPart'?

Its the IWebPart that concerns me as this is actually form the namespace
'System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts' and not
'Microsoft.Web.Preview.UI.Controls.WebParts' (where there doesn't appear to
be a 'IWebPart' )

Could this be the reason why things are not working properyl for me? I have
changed all references to the webpartmanager to be that of the Futures, and
the webpartzones too.

Can anyone help?
JJ

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi JJ,

From your descrption, you're using the new AJAX webpart components in your
ASP.NET application, and met some problem with the drag&drop ability,
correct?

Regarding on the ASP.NET project, are you starting from an AJAX web site or
a normal ASP.NET 2.0 Web site? For the new web part ajax preview package,
I've found some web threads on ASP.NET forum discussing on something
related to this, you can have a look to see whether they'll provide some
clues or hints on this:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1042874/1458123.aspx#1458123

http://forums.asp.net/t/1131461.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/p/1037765/1442708.aspx#1442708