Web service fails to run on Windows 2003

Tom

Hi,

We have a web service (developed in C# framework 1) that run for some time
on Windows 2000. Recently we upgraded it to framework 2 and run successfully
on Windows 2000 and XP. However, we cannot run it on our new Windows 2003
box. The service runs and we can even instantiate it but then it dies point
to NULL login object.

ERROR(7/27/2006 2:55 PM):
FUNCTION: ProcessFile: Loop for processing lines
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
instance of an object. at CustomerUpdateService..ctor() --- End of inner
exception stack trace ---
STACK TRACE: at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at
methodName, Object[] parameters) at
WService.CustomerUpdateService.SetAllCustomerStatus(Char status, String
accessPassword) at COMP.BLAH.BLAHCustomerExtract.ProcessFile(String fileName)
SOURCE: System.Web.Service

On box that runs windows 2003 we have framework 2.0 installed and properly
configured. The site that uses this service runs fine and we have no
problems. Except that the web services cannot run.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Tom

Martin.Kunc

Hallo Tom,
this much more like a network issue. Are you able to call service with
using some tool from w2k3 ? (like is webservicestudio) ?

Martin

Tom

Thanks for reply,
I don't think it is a network issue since I tried to call and run the
service from the same server. I call the web service from the windows
service.

Tom

[...]

SOURCE: System.Web.Services

On box that runs windows 2003 we have framework 2.0 installed and properly
configured. The site that uses this service runs fine and we have no
problems. Except that the web services cannot run.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Tom

Martin.Kunc

Hi Tom,
at this point you have no more to see from exception. You could try
either catch some network traffic, I use for this soaptoolkit, or
either You could try to call this service with another tool, which can
allow to to see request/response in http form. I encourage you to use
sniffing method to see what is really going on there.
You can then see whether your service can parse request/response or you
are connecting correctly or any other reason. You can also simulate
some requests to see correct answers.
Probably, you already tried webbrowser debug, didn't you ?

regards, Martin