web services and themese

Simon Whale

Hi

with VB.NET 2005 i created a web service which works as expected on the
local machine.

When i move it into the website that it is too sit on i get an error shown
below and im not sure what to do. the config file that it is reading is from
the root of the website. any pointers would be greatly recieved

Many thanks
Simon Whale

Server Error in '/Claims' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Theme 'Oak Underwriting New' cannot be found in the
application or global theme directories.

Source Error:

Line 40: </membership>
Line 41: <roleManager enabled="true"/>
Line 42: <pages theme="Oak Underwriting New" styleSheetTheme="Oak
Underwriting New">
Line 43: <namespaces>
Line 44: <clear/>

Source File: C:\Oak Website\web.config Line: 42

Simon Whale

Thanks for the reply Mark

the web service is picking up the web.config file from the root of the
website which uses the themes. I've created a virtual directory for the
webservice.

which is why im stumped

Simon

Mark Rae said:
With VB.NET 2005 I created a web service which works as expected on the
local machine.
When I move it into the website [that it is too sit on] I get an error
Parser Error Message: Theme 'Oak Underwriting New' cannot be found in the
application or global theme directories.
Line 42: <pages theme="Oak Underwriting New" styleSheetTheme="Oak
Underwriting New">

Looks very much as if you have copied files from a website / web
application project into your web service project. Web services do not
need to know anything about how the data they provide will be displayed,
so remove any and all references to themes, styles etc...

Simon Whale

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
The web service is picking up the web.config file from the root of the
website which uses the themes.

Why is it doing that?
I've created a virtual directory for the webservice.

Have you forgotten to add a web.config to the web service project...?

Thats there too