Web Stats? Which to use? Which is best?

Familyman

Hi,
I need to know just two statistics each day.
1. New visitors. 2. Returning Vistors to my site.
I found www.ritecounter.com and ask "Has anyone any experience with them.?"
Are they cool? Can you recommend a better way for me to find my two stats?

Hank

NullBock

How are you hosting your site? Can you use PHP? It shouldn't be too
hard to create your own counter, say one that simply stores IPs in a
flat file...

Walter

----
Walter Gildersleeve
Freiburg, Germany

http://linkfrog.net
URL Shortening
Free and easy, small and green.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Familyman
Hi,
G'day.

I need to know just two statistics each day.

Define "need".
1. New visitors. 2. Returning Vistors to my site.
I found www.ritecounter.com

A third party stats package is less reliable than the logs stored by
your server. Not sure about that one in particular, but generally they
work using either cookies or Javascript (or both) - both of which can be
blocked by the end user.
Can you recommend a better way for me to find my two stats?

Put simply, you can't.
http://karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=26