Webforms, using window authentication mode. with list of users coming from DB?

Guest

Trying this again

Here is the situation, I am using the
<authentication mode="Windows" /
for webforms not windows, but I don't want to specify the list of users in the web.config, but have the list in DB that I can modify with code.
Is this possible to do? If so, how do I get the IIS authentication to read my list, which will be stored in DB, and not look in web.config for it

Thanks
Rez

Raterus

Any reason why you are not using forms authentication to do something like
that? With windows authentication you are doing just that, getting users
already stored somewhere, why would you want to in essence "double" store
them?