WebResource.axd returns error

Sergiy Korzh

Hello,

We have encountered a strange problem with WebResource.axd service. Please check
a look at the following two web sites:

http://www.easyquerydemo.com

and

http://beta.easyquerydemo.com

Both sites are THE SAME - .aspx pages, .aspx.cs files, web.config, all
assebmlies in /bin directory, etc. are equivalent.
But as you can see first page can not load any resource embeded into custom
assemblies used by these pages. That's why it can not show a button image in the
second panel ("query conditions") and can not load JavaScript file used to show
popup menus.
The second page works just well.

What can be the reason of such strange behaviour? Possibly we should make some
tuning on our server (it is placed on hosting service)?

Sergiy Korzh

Hi again,

Spent last two days for searching web and newsgroups I finally have found a
workaround for described problem.

The page starts work well after I put an empty WebResource.axd file in the same
folder where Default.aspx is placed.
The article that helped me to solve this problem
(http://www.axinom.com/en_help_inst_upgrade_5_5_0.AxCMS) tells that this error
usually occurs on the systems with AuthenticationModule (do not know what it
is).

In any case Microsoft should know about this problem since the described
workaround can not be considered as final solution.

The questions are still there:

1. What should I tell the users of my control if they met the same problem on
their web-pages?
2. Why the second page works well without any "shaman dancing" with creating
empty WebResource.axd?