What does this mean?

David Thielen

All of a sudden I'm getting it. This is running using VS 2005 in debug
mode using the VS 2005 web server, not IIS.

thanks - dave

Server Error in '/store' Application.

Invalid character in a Base-64 string.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Invalid character in a
Base-64 string.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Invalid character in a Base-64 string.]
System.Convert.FromBase64CharArray(Char[] inArray, Int32 offset,
Int32 length) +0
System.Web.HttpServerUtility.UrlTokenDecode(String input) +224
System.Web.UI.Page.DecryptString(String s) +37
+391

david@[email protected]
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com

David Thielen

Found it - there were some scripts DreamWeaver inserted at the end
that appeared to be copies of what the html generated by ASP.NET puts
in there. I think it was due to our html person starting with the
displayed html page rather than the source aspx page.

However, is there a way to get a more specific error when this occurs
other than just carefully scanning the aspx page?

thanks - dave

Could it be that your app is trying to decode a URL which contains a plus
(+) character, which will be decoded into a space? Spaces aren't allowed in
URLs...