What graphical frontend for a simple 2D game?

ChrisKaelin

Since I'm so fascinated scripting my everyday's sysadmin needs with
ruby since 1 month, I just started for fun a little project creating
an rpg-like game (you know, dwarves, elves'n'stuff). Just for test
purposes. But as I realized with time, that the classes are so easy to
extend and each new "feature" I have in mind can be implemented so
fast and easy, I came to the point, where I thought "What about a
graphical interface?"
So, my question now is: What is the best interface to use for this
(also having portability in mind)? SDL, OpenGL or rubygames (which
unfortunately I'm not able to install on my ubuntu box yet...).

Or maybe someone knows already of a working example of something
similar?

Thanks for any hints or suggestions

Chris