What is cause of a problem in IE6.0, not seeing imgs...

shajnday

Hi!ALL!

not seeing imgs on URL of the page.
firefox and opera new versions are ouki-douki.

So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
add /index.html then it's allright.

Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

MG

shajnday said:
Hi!ALL!

not seeing imgs on URL of the page.
firefox and opera new versions are ouki-douki.

So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
add /index.html then it's allright.

Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

I don't understand what the problem is!

Could you give us a link to the page so that we can have a look.

MG

Neredbojias

Hi!ALL!

not seeing imgs on URL of the page.
firefox and opera new versions are ouki-douki.

So i open an url in IE6.0 and there is no img-s on main page. when i
add /index.html then it's allright.

Don't understand what could be the cause of this problem.??

Me, neither, but it reminds me of the time I lost the pictures of my
sister's wedding. Was she pissed!

shajnday

I don't understand what the problem is!

Could you give us a link to the page so that we can have a look.

MG

I have sent you an email, but your nospam no-work!
contact me on e-mail for url.

Thanks!

shajnday

I suspect it's because whatever is serving content athttp://www.blabla.org/seems to use whatever is typed after the / as a
search term.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

i'm hosting site on 110MB, any suggests ?

Is it something on what i can affect or is it a "bug"- on the other
side at hosting ?

Neredbojias

I suspect it's because whatever is serving content at
http://www.blabla.org/ seems to use whatever is typed after the / as
a search term.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Hmm, good one, but I think the most likely cause of this jamoke's
problem is something a bit more basic. If you deigned to make a guess,
what would you guess?

Denis McMahon

Hmm, good one, but I think the most likely cause of this jamoke's
problem is something a bit more basic. If you deigned to make a guess,
what would you guess?

I have NFI - too much javascript to trawl through for me to be arsed to
try and solve it.

If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem, then
maybe I'll look at it.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Neredbojias

I have NFI - too much javascript to trawl through for me to be arsed
to try and solve it.

If he can produce a simpler page which demonstrates the problem, then
maybe I'll look at it.

Hmm, there're a couple of issues here. I assumed "blabla.org" was just
a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to you, I
think) by the OP regarding emailing a url. However, it might be the
"real" url, who knows?, although if it is, it's up for sale (-which
makes me believe even more that it was a placebo.) Anyway, what I was
getting at is that it's possible for another default page to be on the
server, one taking precedence over "index.html" OR there's a proxy or
cache anomoly involved.

Denis McMahon

Hmm, there're a couple of issues here. I assumed "blabla.org" was just
a make-up name (-like "example.com") from a later response (-to you, I
think)

Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer to
was aimed at someone else?

Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:

http://validator.w3.org/

Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:

a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in quotes.
c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
"</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.

I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering enough
to lose your images or not.

You could temporarily disable the css (put comment tags round the
stylesheet link in the header thus: <!-- <link rel="stylesheet"
type="text/css" href="stil.css" /> -->) and see if that solves the
issue. If your images then display in ie6, the issue is a css one.

You may wish to look up "quirks mode" and see if using one of various
methods to force ie6 into quirks helps.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

shajnday

[...]

much appreciated.
I know i didn't validated HTML, waiting for someone to do it
instead ;)

Just didn't had a plenty of time on my hands so i did what i could...

i'll do the check and will inform you here what happened after css
option and html corrections.

thanks for that validating

Denis McMahon

much appreciated.
I know i didn't validated HTML, waiting for someone to do it
instead ;)

Sorry, but that just makes you a sloppy, lazy, incompetent .....
Just didn't had a plenty of time on my hands so i did what i could...

You could probably have done the validation faster than posting here. No
excuse.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Neredbojias

Yeah, the op sent me an email, although I think the reply you refer
to was aimed at someone else?

Standard advice applies, though, fix the html validation errors:

Yeah, my "hunch" was baloney 'cause I made a dumb mistake in logic and
I think your advice below is the solution to the problem. For some
reason or other, ie6 cuts off images due to one or more of the errors.
http://validator.w3.org/

Looking at the reports from the validator and your page source:

a) You have an extra closing tag after the "navy" class of div.
b) You haven't enclosed all of your font element attribute values in
quotes. c) Elements can not overlap. You can not do this:
d) You have an anchor element between the closing "</body>" and
"</html>" tags - content is not allowed in this area.

I don't know if these are enough to break the ie6 xhtml rendering
enough to lose your images or not.

Hopefully the OP will report when he fixes it.

shajnday

Yeah, my "hunch" was baloney 'cause I made a dumb mistake in logic and
I think your advice below is the solution to the problem.  For some
reason or other, ie6 cuts off images due to one or more of the errors.

Hopefully the OP will report when he fixes it.

I just looked back on the page after HTML corrections HTML and CSS
sucess validation, and after several times the problem with img is
still persitent.
so both HTML and CSS are validated and still i have that problem in
IE6.0.

Also after deleting .css file from folder the problem is persisting.

What to do else, what kind of bug could it be ?

thanks for previous suggestions.

shajnday

I just looked back on the page after HTML corrections HTML and CSS
sucess validation, and after several times the problem with img is
still persitent.
so both HTML and CSS are validated and still i have that problem in
IE6.0.

Also after deleting .css file from folder the problem is persisting.

What to do else, what kind of bug could it be ?

thanks for previous suggestions.- Sakrij citirani tekst -

- Prika¾i citirani tekst -

It seens like it sometimes it works when typed into adress bar and
then sometimes it doesn't work.

it leaves me very doubtful.

shajnday

It seens like it sometimes it works when typed into adress bar and
then sometimes it doesn't work.

it leaves me very doubtful.- Sakrij citirani tekst -

- Prika¾i citirani tekst -

moreover it's a very ridiculous situation considering that every
browser is showing different position of the starting animated .gif.
I wanted to say that it was well enough to watch in opera, firefox(i
have new versions, but i suppose that it works in older ones also),
and in IE 6.0 which i find a great browser.
But today i have installed IE8.0 and looked at the here mentioned
webpage and the .gif was on the different position than in other above
mentioned browsers.

What now to do considering that?
(i certaintly will continue to work on IE6.0 me myself)

thanks for reading me out.

Jonathan N. Little

shajnday said:
moreover it's a very ridiculous situation considering that every
browser is showing different position of the starting animated .gif.
I wanted to say that it was well enough to watch in opera, firefox(i
have new versions, but i suppose that it works in older ones also),
and in IE 6.0 which i find a great browser.
But today i have installed IE8.0 and looked at the here mentioned
webpage and the .gif was on the different position than in other above
mentioned browsers.

If you markup is borked, how a browsers tries to make sense of it is a
crapshoot.

What now to do considering that?

Since *you* are the only one to see *this* problem page, I guess you are
on your own. Did you ever post an actually URL to this page?
(i certaintly will continue to work on IE6.0 me myself)

Have fun, IE6.0 is certainly the odd-man-out. Less than 3% on my web
site stats.
thanks for reading me out.

Not sure anything stuck.

Neredbojias

moreover it's a very ridiculous situation considering that every
browser is showing different position of the starting animated .gif.
I wanted to say that it was well enough to watch in opera, firefox(i
have new versions, but i suppose that it works in older ones also),
and in IE 6.0 which i find a great browser.
But today i have installed IE8.0 and looked at the here mentioned
webpage and the .gif was on the different position than in other
above mentioned browsers.

What now to do considering that?
(i certaintly will continue to work on IE6.0 me myself)

Remove the <style> tags your stylesheet. Remote stylesheets don't need
them.

You are using a lot of negative margins in your styles. I know from
experience that ie6 screws-up negative margins in certain cases. Also,
you have "position : inherit;" somewhere. Ie6 doesn't understand
"inherit".

Anyway, my best advice is to forget what ie6 does or doesn't do and get
rid of it yourself. It didn't really work right in its heyday and it
certainly won't work right now that many advanced methods and
techniques have been discovered and formulated. Newer browsers do,
indeed, have their own problems but trying to "surf in the past" is a
lose-lose situation.