what is the benefits of using web services?

serkan ulucan

We have beeen developing database application in C# .net. what is the
benefits of using web services when accesing data, instead of accessing data
with out using a web services.

Andy Mortimer [MS]

Thats a very open ended question. However you might find the following
links useful in order to answer it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/msdnmag/issues/03/04/XMLF
iles/TOC.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/
bdadotnetwebservice1.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/
AppArchCh2.asp

You might find a lot of interesting articles from
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/practices/

of which:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/
wsfacadelegacyapp.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/
BOAGag.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/
bdadotnetarch16.asp

Andy Mortimer [MS]
Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only