    perry.yuan Guest

    What is the Latest JVM Specification Document? The 2nd Edition?

    TIA.

    perry.yuan, Apr 29, 2008

  2. perry.yuan

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    I believe so.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 29, 2008

  3. perry.yuan

    Mark Space Guest

    Mark Space, Apr 29, 2008
  4. perry.yuan

    perry.yuan Guest

    Thanks a lot.

    Further question please:

    Any open source code for implementation of the JVM?

    TIA.

    perry.yuan, Apr 29, 2008
  5. The Java Virtual Machine Specification, 2nd Edition
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/>, as amended by
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jvms/second_edition/jvms-clarify.html>.

    The main points to be aware of are the gobs of class file changes (I can
    only find the Java 6 class file spec in its JSR, hidden deep) from Java
    5, the modification to the ldc instruction, and the introduction of
    invokedynamic.

    Since my involvement with the JVM internals only takes me as far as the
    class file and instruction set semantics, I don't know how substantive
    the other changes where.

    Joshua Cranmer, Apr 29, 2008
  6. Open JDK is probably the biggest one. <http://openjdk.java.net/>

    Joshua Cranmer, Apr 29, 2008