Whats in store for Yellowfin 4?

Yellowfin

Powered by BIRT, Jasper, JFreeChart, Spring,

Yellowfin the leading embeddable BI solution for web based reporting
is very excited to announce the content for the upcoming release 4.0,
scheduled for release mid year 2008.

Why go from 3.3 to 4.0? Well this is a huge release with significant
changes to most of the Yellowfin application - including new schema
design that will support our development plan for the next 2 years.
Optimised query generation, much easier and more flexible view
creation and analytical dashboards are just some of the highlights of
this release.

As usual we have had a lot of help in coming up with the key
development initiatives. Thankyou to everyone who took part in the
Beacon survey, earlier this year. As well as to those that gave us
great ideas over the past six months or so. Your feedback continues
to be critical to driving our innovation.

The major changes in this release include:

Analytic Dashboards

The ability to link multiple reports together on a dashboard tab
whereby when you interact with one (say drill down on region) the
associated reports are all filtered by the same region selected. You
will also be able to add standard report portlets to KPI tabs. This
new level of interaction will provide end users with greater insight
into their data.

Map and Image Charts

Improving data visualisation is one of the goals of Yellowfin. With
4.0 you will be able to link your data to maps or images (eg a floor
plan) and apply bubble charts or heat maps to them. So region based
reporting will become far more interactive and visually appealing.

Optimised Query Generation

For reports built on Yellowfin views changes to the SQL generation
will be optimised so that only joins and tables relevant to the query
will be used within a report. All redundant joins will be dropped.
This means that queries will run faster by being more efficient.

Enhanced View Builder

One of the areas in which we have received significant feedback is the
Yellowfin view builder. Release 4.0 greatly enhances the
functionality of the process but more importantly has vastly improved
the interface. This really sets the benchmark for meta-data design!

Formatting and Report Functionality

Not to be forgotten the report out put process will also be improved
with a host of changes that add functionality and visual appeal - with
out adding additional complexity to the interface.

These are only some of the changes for 4.0. Stayed tuned as we
approach our release to hear more about what is in store.

This release builds on the fantastic achievements of 3.3. Our focus
continues to be on improving data visualisation (without sacrificing
ease of use) and assisting our OEM partners to deliver excellence in
embedded BI solutions. We are very excited about the functionality
that is to be delivered in this release.

View this Press Release with images. -> http://www.yellowfin.com.au/KBContent.i4?contentId=74273