    Can someone give me some insight please.

    Thank you
    Johann Blake

    johannblake, May 2, 2006

  2. Richard Brown, May 2, 2006

  3. Both were introduced in ASP.net 2.0, so they are meant to complement
    each other.

    Master pages is used to separate the page skeleton from the contents of
    the pages, and Themes are used to define style for elements in the page.

    Master Pages and Themes can sometimes be used do the same thing, like
    setting a common css file for all pages. Where it's done best depends a
    bit on the desired result.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, May 2, 2006
  4. Master pages define an "outer" page around your content page. It's like
    embedding a control in a form.

    Themes apply to the entire page, and change style on everything.

    While you can certainly embed theming information in a master page, that's
    not really the way it's designed to work.

    Erik Funkenbusch, May 2, 2006