Whats the simplest way doing a resizing/shrinking proportional to thePX of the screen

shajnday

Whats the simplest way doing a resizing/shrinking proportional to the
PX of the screen,
so when the webpage opens in 1280x800px or in 1024x600px or in
1024x768px. ??

so is it stretching/shrinking to lower px-resolution or by downsizing/
resizing to 1680x1050px, i just WANT to KNOW!!!

Tell me !

James

shajnday said:
Whats the simplest way doing a resizing/shrinking proportional to the
PX of the screen,
so when the webpage opens in 1280x800px or in 1024x600px or in
1024x768px. ??

so is it stretching/shrinking to lower px-resolution or by downsizing/
resizing to 1680x1050px, i just WANT to KNOW!!!

Tell me !

I don't know exactly what you are after here, but perhaps you might find CSS
media queries to be a bit interesting...

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries

shajnday

I don't know exactly what you are after here, but perhaps you might find CSS
media queries to be a bit interesting...

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries

I'm aiming at that moment of peaceful time when i'm in a nature with
my "eternal most wanted wife" enjoying in love.
That love which is great, almost greater then everything what is...and
then you have a boy or a girl which is resizing text in her/his
browser and making text-font smaller then imagined, or even bigger, i
would like to set commands in inner coding of the webpage layout to
make it "almost static" so that each browser see it the same.
It just it doesn't goes on the rails so easy...i'm still trying to
find the proper way to manage it.

shajnday

I'm aiming at that moment of peaceful time when i'm in a nature with
my "eternal most wanted wife" enjoying in love.
That love which is great, almost greater then everything what is...and
then you have a boy or a girl which is resizing text in her/his
browser and making text-font smaller then imagined, or even bigger, i
would like to set commands in inner coding of the webpage layout to
make it "almost static" so that each browser see it the same.
It just it doesn't goes on the rails so easy...i'm still trying to
find the proper way to manage it.- Sakrij citirani tekst -

- Prikaži citirani tekst -

Don't TELL me Please!!!

dorayme

<[email protected]
shajnday said:
I'm aiming at that moment of peaceful time when i'm in a nature with
my "eternal most wanted wife" enjoying in love.
That love which is great, almost greater then everything what is...and
then you have a boy or a girl which is resizing text in her/his
browser and making text-font smaller then imagined, or even bigger, i
would like to set commands in inner coding of the webpage layout to
make it "almost static" so that each browser see it the same.
It just it doesn't goes on the rails so easy...i'm still trying to
find the proper way to manage it.

Surely it does not matter when expressing your love life on other
people's screens what size text they use? Love is one thing,
something exquisitely non-linguistic (unless you happen to be
Byron, and even then...) while text is ... well... it's so black
so often and so unlike the colour of love.

shajnday

<[email protected]

Surely it does not matter when expressing your love life on other
people's screens what size text they use? Love is one thing,
something exquisitely non-linguistic (unless you happen to be
Byron, and even then...) while text is ... well... it's so black
so often and so unlike the colour of love.

how carelessly from me and myself. Deep apology, something has taken
me into a trans...
So,let's get back to to the story. I have managed to comprehend
James's post about CSS3(i reject that at instance supposing what huge
the CSS area is, from the browsers side, i.e. from the compatibility
view, i just don't expect that it will be perfect as it should be)...i
know really little about it, so i could only guess or be "on a wait"
when i would get Aha! or a deeper knowledge about it... a thingy
sounds good but will it be implementable, usable i just don't want to
try it on my skin, i already have enough bruises. Seems
reasonable, ...

Still, i'm reading here that there is a thingy called java method for
detecting user's screen resolution so i'll go that way for now maybe
on the longer path.

I could just imagine what do profi coders use in their works, i even
could not number 5 programming langs on the fingers of my hand, it's
just you have to be a coder to make something professionally, coder or
a constant learner,

a man got to do what man got do.

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
shajnday said:
a man got to do what man got do.

That is a recipe for disaster. I read in a book on anger
management that men should actually not do this at all, better to
lose, to concede, to give in, to come last, to be late, to give
way, to submit.

shajnday

[...]

a man got to do what man got do.- Sakrij citirani tekst -

- Prikaži citirani tekst -

the truth is that i just quit my longer way from Java and went back to
nature....

MG

shajnday said:
Whats the simplest way doing a resizing/shrinking proportional to the
PX of the screen,
so when the webpage opens in 1280x800px or in 1024x600px or in
1024x768px. ??

so is it stretching/shrinking to lower px-resolution or by downsizing/
resizing to 1680x1050px, i just WANT to KNOW!!!

Tell me !

How about fluid design (also called liquid design). You will find lots of
hits on google.
For example:
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/articles/liquid/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

shajnday said:
Still, i'm reading here that there is a thingy called java method for
detecting user's screen resolution so i'll go that way for now maybe on
the longer path.

You are confusing Java and JavaScript. The two are entirely different and
separate technologies. Java is certainly not needed.

You also seem to want to know the monitor's total "screen" resolution,
which is meaningless, because not everyone has their browser windows
maximized. That just might be silly with a big widescreen monitor.

Google is helpful. See this:
<http://andylangton.co.uk/articles/javascript/get-viewport-size-
javascript/>

Mine: "Your viewport width is 962x662."

shajnday

You are confusing Java and JavaScript. The two are entirely different and
separate technologies. Java is certainly not needed.

You also seem to want to know the monitor's total "screen" resolution,
which is meaningless, because not everyone has their browser windows
maximized. That just might be silly with a big widescreen monitor.

Google is helpful. See this:
<http://andylangton.co.uk/articles/javascript/get-viewport-size-
javascript/>

Mine:  "Your viewport width is 962x662."

Ok, but a bigger presumption is for me(who will not dare to make a
fluid design now when the page is almost finished, i would have to
chop everything by bits to make it fluid-elastic-liquid, whatever, and
i need it at more quicker rate of made) is that that most user browse
web at their fully opened browser programs. I really am sure in that,
who would browse the internet with their browser not maximized???
(common say it if you dare!!!)

mine is: 1260x494.

But i have to say it is not a superb solution, this with javascript,
i'm admitting that fluid design is "perfectness"!
As i have created this withouth real conception about what other
really are having at their laps, or at their desks, i hoped i could
manage it in a run.

Are you sure this with javasripting will work, when using if else
command for 1024 x 768 browsing(and/or less), i could cover the
majority of web browsing users, that was the idea in the first place,
and then making a progress.

are there any hidden implications i could expect ?

shajnday

[...]

are there any hidden implications i could expect ?- Sakrij citirani tekst-

- Prikaži citirani tekst -

i have found here a good working example free of charge )
http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jscreen.htm

shajnday

I have stated it wrongly as the javascript from that page you have
linked to is making a result of viewport which is 1280x494px which is
not my screen resolution,

on the link i have paste you, you can click on the resolution test and
now i have a screen resoulution result of: 1280 x 800px which is my
screen resolution.

the questions will yet to come.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

shajnday replied to hisself:

Why are you so sure that "most user browse" maximized? How could you tell?

...which does not look like full-screen to me.

What will you do when a visitor has JavaScript disabled?

Yes. Users will
1) have JavaScript disabled
2) get mad when and if you try to change the size
their browser windows. I certainly do.

It's my browser, not yours. Make your page fit my browser. Hint: fluid
design, at least a reasonable minimum and a maximum. I also don't want to
read lines of text that are 1680 pixels wide...
i have found here a good working example free of charge )
http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jscreen.htm

So, you are going to force a wide page on me, because my screen is 1680
pixels wide, even though my browser window is only ~900 pixels wide?

And, if you want to create two complete sets of pages for your site.
Seems hardly worth it to me.

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
shajnday replied to hisself:

Why are you so sure that "most user browse" maximized? How could you tell?

Why would I run my browser maximized?

<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/maximized.jpg>

Very annoying with this new trend to assume EVERYONE does their
computing on a smartphone...Unity, Metro... cough, cough!
..which does not look like full-screen to me.

What will you do when a visitor has JavaScript disabled?

Yes. Users will
1) have JavaScript disabled
2) get mad when and if you try to change the size
their browser windows. I certainly do.

I have that turn off so don't even try!!!
It's my browser, not yours. Make your page fit my browser. Hint: fluid
design, at least a reasonable minimum and a maximum. I also don't want to
read lines of text that are 1680 pixels wide...

or 3200!

shajnday

Why would I run my browser maximized?

<http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/maximized.jpg>

Very annoying with this new trend to assume EVERYONE does their
computing on a smartphone...Unity, Metro... cough, cough!

I have that turn off so don't even try!!!

or 3200!

ok, so javascripting is a problem, why then the most popular sites
like A... e-... have it in their inner coding. I assume they covered
every groups of users in with the supreme quality and comprehensive
coding(as they hired the coders which do understand this inner codings
the best so as the correlations and beahavings 'when & if' a user has
that turend on/off or is using that or that so they adjusted their
codings in that manner so you always open their pages without
compatibility issues.

i know that because of the solid-issue the coders invented pixel-grid
which is stretchable in-hand with the resolution you are using so
there are various methods and approaches, still don't get why that
major webpages with thousands of visits have javascripting(javascript
applets and modules)implemented into their coding !?!

ok, i guess it could be done over the em-% coding as a fluid design,
just have never done it so i don't have the cognition of success of
it.

regarding my book restoration site, i will fix it for 1024x768 res.
but i will parallely make a full fluid design of it, just it takes
time and practice to do so.

thank you all for tips and guidances!

shajnday

@Jonathan N. Little
Wrote: Very annoying with this new trend to assume EVERYONE does their
computing on a smartphone...Unity, Metro... cough, cough!

I got my two smartpones two days ago; they are 2005,2006.
productions,
really wow, wooow devices but you still have the wireless
incomatibility as they only go over the WEP, or WPA, not the WPA2 PSK
standard,
i do not know are their firmware-software upgradeble, and will not try
to find out is it or isn't. But is a big problem as i was incable of
testing the browsers, but i did opened the opera-mini and i suppose
the rest you know.

One device has it's own keybord with that thiny buttons to type with,
and you could see the Headline in newspappers a day ago "More and more
people have Arthritis"

seems we are not the same in what we like or dislike to use, not even
close.

If someone is happy about using mini opera browser or any sort of
browser for smart handheld browsing the market is open and there are
products for that, it's just depending on our Will to use it or
not...i can't imagine myself browsing through that thiny thingies...

shajnday

@Jonathan N. Little

[...]

ha-ha-ha http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/design/general_rules/screen_layout_en.htm

EU comission about the horizontal-scrolling "...horizontal scrolling
is not allowed under any circumstances..."

dorayme

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Why are you so sure that "most user browse" maximized?

At least in the Mac world, hardly anyone does. The dock is a late
development in Mac years whereas the minimisation bar is very old
hat in Windows, I guess the latter learnt to use it more from
when they were babies. Plus the buttons on the top of windows
that expand app windows operate differently on the two platforms,
the Mac one is a bit obscure in its effects unlike the Win one
which is brutally simple.

I watched a Windows web developer working once and I was
impressed at how he worked everything at full screen most of the
time, me I almost always have at least two app windows in view at
any one time and sometimes, especially when I forget my
medication, several million.